Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It really is, you know...

This is just one of the many signs I have in my house. It's probably my favorite cause, through its simplicity, it says so much. It was a gift from Allison a few years ago...and it means even more since she and I have watched the movie together dozens of times and say so many things that come from the Baileys and Clarence and the streets of Bedford Falls.
(She's about to close the library!!)
Tonight I moved the sign to get a book off the shelf, and as I held it in my hand, the "WONDERFUL LIFE" written in the background popped out! I had just returned from working out and having dinner with a friend and was watching the Dodger game in my new little apartment. I read the words and smiled. I felt so happy and grateful...and so peaceful. It feels so good to feel so good.
Life keeps changing for me, but it is still getting better every single day! It took me a little time to realize how really 'wonderful' it has become...even after this last move! Here's the deal, regardless of where I sit today, there is nowhere I'd rather be.
People often ask me if the grass is greener.
Honestly?
I don't think I'd ever even had grass until the last four or five years...
Maybe peacefulness is the only thing that can truly provide that proverbial "grass".
But let me tell you, it's not only GREEN, but lush and full and soft and beautiful...!
And, tonight I am laying down in it, rolling around on it and soaking in its remarkable beauty.
I just keep saying, "You know what Julie Hibbard? You really have a wonderful life!"
I know!
I know...

No comments: