Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weed my Palm












Since the day I moved into my home--three years ago--this palm tree has bothered me. First of all it's not pretty. Secondly, it's a major fire hazard. You know I am not a complainer, but it is the view from both my patio AND my bedroom! I have written email after email to the association to ask the owners to please have it trimmed. I have been diligent with this request-even attaching photos--once a month or so for three years. THREE years!
But today as I was waking up, I heard rustling outside my window. Sure enough, there were tree trimmers surrounding the palm! Within about 1/2 hour, the palm tree looked beautiful!!
Look at the difference it makes!
Truly, it not only opens up and improves the view from my home, it virtually eliminates the fear of the tree--and my house--going up in flames.
Simple pleasures, huh?
I am SO happy!

4 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

FYI
It's a Mexican fan palm
Washingtonia robusta

BUM said...

Wowwhat a difference a sway makes.

Gina Vistaunet said...

SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!! Happy the the stupid HOA finally used your dues for something good.

Zuzana said...

Beautiful! You know, to me, this is as EXOTIC as it can be, to see a palm tree out of a window. I so wish I could see palm trees right now.;))
xo