Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pageant of the Masters

Last night I was fortunate enough to attend Opening Night of the 2009 Pageant of the Masters at the Festival of Arts in Laguna Beach. Since 1939 it has been Laguna's most famous attraction and something that I have been blessed to be able to attend nearly every year since I was a teenager.
What is it?

Ninety minutes of "living pictures" - incredibly faithful art re-creations of classical and contemporary works with real people posing to look exactly like their counterparts in the original pieces. An outdoor amphitheater, professional orchestra, original score, live narration, intricate sets, sophisticated lighting, expert staff, and hundreds of dedicated volunteers have won recognition for the Pageant as the best presentation of its kind.

To me personally, it's a magnificent summer night with friends--accompanied by art, music, creativity, imagination, ingenuity, originality and amazing camaraderie.

And it takes my breath away every single time.

2 comments:

BUM said...

Sounds like a wonderful night! Very happy you have been able to go so often.

Zuzana said...

I would have loved to attend this, sounds like my kind of night.;)