Friday, January 16, 2009

Kenya feel the love?

Allison is still in Kenya (for one more month!), but tonight we felt just a little bit closer to her. Kenya came to us this evening...in the form of Sister Freda, the AMAZING woman who runs a small hospital in Kitale. Allison has been working several days a week with Freda and her team for the last five months. It was SO great to see her!
Freda said, "Allison takes such good care of us and takes the children swimming...she is just wonderful...you have a beautiful daughter!"
(I know this, but it's always so nice to hear!)
My mother had just finished Freda's biography and was thrilled to meet her!Casey and Caroline are both Kenya alumni, in fact, Caroline lived with Allison in Kitale for several months!
Before the night was over, one person thought I WAS Allison and another came up to me and said, "Oh my gosh, you MUST be
Allison's sister...you look exactly like her!"
What a compliment!
Actually, even better, someday...I would love to BE exactly like her...

No comments: