Monday, December 22, 2008

So...are you ready for Christmas?

I always think this kind of a funny question...and people seem to ask it year after year around this time. Um, yeah, I'm ready for Christmas...I've known it was coming all year! Seriously, it's not like Easter which can come on random Sundays from early March to late April. Nope. Christmas is December 25th--on the dot--every single year!Come on, the lights have been up all over the city shopping centers since before Halloween. Christmas cards, decorations, ornaments and trees have been available at the stores for at least six weeks now...did it really sneak up on anyone? Yeah, of course I'm ready! My cards were addressed in late November and mailed out on the 12th. (And I love all the cards I have received!!) My gifts have been wrapped for a couple of weeks and are organized to go out over the next several days. Oh yeah...the stockings are hung by the chimney with care and everything else is set to go!Today I danced around the kitchen to Christmas music as I baked date chocolate chip breads and made my WORLD FAMOUS BTS (arranged it in the eggnog cups above.) As you probably know, BTS is best on day three...which will be Christmas Eve. Yummy!
Everything for my family Christmas Eve dinner has been purchased and is ready to be cooked as soon as I get home from work on Wednesday. We're having Pot Roast (my sister Gina's favorite!), turkey, sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, home made macaroni and cheese, green beans and Hawaiian bread sweet rolls. There's a bottle of Tommy Lasorda Chianti for me and my dad and a bottle of Good Daughter Chardonnay for Gina and my mom.
And Veuve Clicquot for all!
Am I ready for Christmas...?
Are you kidding...I can't wait!!
Hey everybody else--ready or not...here it comes!

6 comments:

Ryanne said...

I am in love with those Santa cake stands. So adorable!!!

Silver Eye Photography said...

I must confes I am one of the procrastinators. I think is the fact that I love shoping but can never figure what my gift receivers want.

Eliane said...

You are the best...no wonder we are best friends. I am so ready too and wish my family was coming over.

Zuzana said...

Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year Julie.;)))

Allison said...

I'm SO SO SO sad I'm missing BTS this year...seriously...please eat one for me! And make some for Feb 17...okay?!

Ange said...

You're right...everyone is always like, "I can't believe it's Christmas already" and "Christmas snuck up on my this year!" I hope someone gets those people a calendar for Christmas this year.

I love love love those santa cake stands....

And next time we hang can we eat BTS?