Sunday, October 30, 2011

Things to do...

My friend and I were talking this morning about how much we love making a daily list of things to do--and about how VERY much we enjoy crossing each thing off the list as we accomplish them--and then being able to throw the list away! I have ALWAYS done this--truly since I was a kid!--I LOVE to SHOW and SEE my productivity!
I also make it a rule that I can't sit down and blog and/or get on Facebook til the list is finished.
Today has been a MOST productive day!
What did I accomplish?
I am so glad you asked!











  1. I went out to see the horses at Santa Anita! This is now one of my very FAVORITE ways to start the day! I was able to kiss my Sweet JuJu (she LOVES me!) and put a new, beautiful and personalized halter on Golden Mary (more photos and stories to come!)
  2. On my way home from the race track, I stopped at Ralph's and did a week's worth of grocery shopping...with my Ralph's Club card and my re-usable bags, of course.
  3. I came home and threw in a load of laundry while I unpacked the groceries. Silly me, I always have to clean out the fridge (and freezer) when I do a full grocery shopping. I love to see it sparkle!
  4. I watered and trimmed all my plants, swept both porches (and the steps up to my house) and threw the washed load into the dryer.
  5. Put load #2 in the wash. (In the mean time, music plays throughout the house and I sing away...)
  6. I collected all the trash throughout the house and made a LOVELY trip to the dumpster. I cannot emphasize how much I prefer having the dumpster to the rolling trashcans in my garage. I love NOT keeping my trash for a week!
  7. I vacuumed every inch of my home, including the stairs going down to the garage (yes, finally!)
  8. Laundry load #1 was folded and PUT AWAY. (Seriously, laundry is not DONE until it's put away!) Load #2 was put in the dryer.
  9. Put all my pin collection on a poster board and hung it in my staircase hall. I do believe a dedicated post may follow...these pins have been collected over the last 40 years of my life. As I put them on the poster, I recalled where each and every one came from...and a sweet smile was in my heart as I put it together. (Most of my Coco's award pins are on there too--including my 5, 10 and 15 YEAR pins.)
  10. After getting the poster board AND the box of pins out of the garage, I spent time rearranging the rhino racks and tubs in the garage, finally having a place for everything...and having everything in its place!
  11. Laundry load #2 was folded and put away.
  12. My sister, Gina, had given me a bottle of 'sealer' for my kitchen tile/grout. I scrubbed the counter with bleach and then 'sealed' the grout. It's SPARKLING, just like the fridge!
  13. Finally sitting down, and realizing that I had not eaten since about 9am, I grabbed a yogurt and all my November bills. Gratefully, I have now paid off the Discover card and am all caught up on everything else!
  14. Bills paid, laundry done and house clean, I felt like I could finally treat myself to a chance to download my photos from the day, check Facebook and blog.
  15. The music is still playing..."Harvest Moon" is wafting through my beautiful, clean and organized home...
'Relax for a bit' is the last thing on the list...check!
And so, the 'Sunday' list has been finished, and, now, thrown away.
And it's only 5pm!
With no baseball on, I may watch a movie or two. Of course, I'll be sorting through boxes and bins, writing emails and blog posts and catching up on Facebook while I'm sitting here.
Honestly, there are very few things I like more than a really productive day.
And today I can SHOW it...SEE it...and I am SO enjoying it.

3 comments:

md said...

That horse is sure lucky to get a kiss from you. She looks like she really loves you. That other horse's head is about as big as your body.138

Zuzana said...

Wow, what an ambitious list! I do not think I can get so much done in a month.;))
Love those images of you, you look more beautiful by each day dear Julie.,))
xoox

PETE Di LALLO said...

A most impressive blog and a list of things to do...did I see reading on your list? it would be on mine...
I've written but haven't finalized several blogs since the world series began and I plan on looking them over, making a few grammatical corrections and getting some posted when we get back to So. Cal.
This last sentence will be the first item on my 'to-do' list...