Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Impatience or Ingenuity?

So, there was this one space in my house that I was not sure what I was going to do with. I believe it was supposed to be a linen closet of some sort, but there was so much 'space' in the middle that it didn't really seem to make sense. Plus, I don't have any linen to speak of! I have four towels, a few hand towels and I don't even have a second set of sheets! No need for all this 'linen' storage.
On the other side of the story, I have a few photo albums. OK, many! They are TRULY my pride and joy. If you don't know the story of these amazing albums' return to me, I'd love to tell you some day! Suffice it to say that it is 30+ years of pictures, mementos and memories and I love every single book. Sad thing is, they've been in boxes down in the garage since I moved two months ago...and I was losing sleep at night knowing they were out there!
I had planned to have this cabinet taken out and have some shelves built in...but, it started to become quite a hassle--and would have definitely become a financial burden--trying to find someone who would rip out the cabinet, re-paint the walls, re-tile the floor underneath and build the custom cabinet and bookcase for me.
And, since I wanted it done today, I took a trip to Target this morning instead.
I bought a $20 rectangular storage cube, took the doors off the cabinet and...
Voila!
Sure, it's not exactly what I envisioned, but let me tell you, all photo albums, scrapbooks, along with all their precious memories...are all safe in my home again.
And within reach for your viewing pleasure.
Most importantly, they are out of the garage!
Cleaned, organized and, yes, in chronological order.
And I will sleep much better tonight.

2 comments:

md said...

Looks Amazing!! I love, love photo albums. You were so wise to have invested so much time to your precious memories. 138

Anonymous said...

Very nice! A wonderful use of the space!