Sunday, May 1, 2011

50 things to do before...wait, I've already done that!!

It's my birthday month again! And, keeping with blogging tradition, I have begun my "48 great things about being 48" list, to be posted on my birthday. In the mean time, I thought I'd take a minute to remind myself of how many amazing and wonderful things I've done in just 47 years!
(Most, actually, in the last six years...)
I am also working on a "50 things to do before I'm 50" list...
But for today, I'm calling this one...



"50 INCREDIBLE things I've already done!"
or
"See, Julie Hibbard...
You've really had a wonderful life!
"
  1. Had a baby. And another! (Natural childbirth too...)
  2. Watched each of those babies graduate from college!
  3. Sat behind home plate at a Dodger game. (Several times.) Caught a foul ball. (Twice)
  4. Seen the grunion run.
  5. Rode in a Gondola in Venice, Italy.
  6. Drove a Porsche 911. (Several times...)
  7. Saw the Mona Lisa. (Three times now...I know.)
  8. Got a (giant, four color, ridiculous) tattoo.
  9. Gone through treatments to have it removed.
  10. Had dinner on the Eiffel Tower.
  11. Went to the top of the World Trade Center.
  12. Stood at Ground Zero.
  13. Snorkeled in Hawaii.
  14. Got my dream job!
  15. Helicoptered over the Swiss Alps.
  16. Rode the London Eye, saw Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and Big Ben (not so big...)
  17. Went on a dinner cruise on the Danube in Budapest, Hungary.
  18. Saw the Pope in Vatican City.
  19. I've been to Graceland.
  20. Learned to live alone. (And like it!)
  21. Owned a tarantula. (Harry)
  22. Been to Disney World (twice...and I love it!)
  23. Saw the full moon while at dinner on the beach in Nice, France. (Spectacular!)
  24. Stood at Niagara Falls.
  25. Held a Boa Constrictor (thanks to the OC Fair, many times!)
  26. Visited the Red Light District in Amsterdam.
  27. Walked in the White House, Arlington Cemetery and the Lincoln Memorial.
  28. Had drinks with Greg Maddux. (Great story!)
  29. Waded in the Mediterranean Sea. (Man this was a great day!!)
  30. Rode an elephant (several times!)
  31. Been to the MLB Stadiums of the Dodgers, Angels, Padres (both Jack Murphy and Petco), Giants, Diamondbacks, Rockies and Yankees (BOTH old and new!) Many more to come!
  32. Went wine tasting in Tuscany! (Many tastings!!)
  33. Graduated with my Bachelor's Degree after 17 years of going to college . (Still one of the best days of my life.)
  34. Observed a goat slaying ceremony in Kenya. (Awesome)
  35. Marveled at Michelangelo's "Sistine Chapel" in Rome. (Twice.)
  36. Saw Mount Rushmore.
  37. Was there when the Dodgers beat the Cubs in the NLDS. (One of the other best days ever!)
  38. Flew FIRST CLASS to Paris, France! (Another best day!)
  39. Thoroughly enjoyed a Belgian waffle...in Belgium. (SO damn good!)
  40. Marveled at Michelangelo's "David" in Florence. (Twice.)
  41. Got back down to 130 pounds. (Yeah, several times...if only I could just STAY there!)
  42. Spent the weekend in a two-story Penthouse Suite in downtown LA!
  43. Went to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle. And the Empire State Building in NYC.
  44. Had Christmas Tea at the Empress Hotel AND experienced "Miniature World" in Victoria, British Columbia.
  45. Was in Germany the last night of the World Cup in 2006!
  46. Went on Safari in Africa.
  47. Experienced a Mozart concert in Vienna, Austria.
  48. Have been to the concerts of: Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Journey, Queen, Kansas, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Cheap Trick, KISS, Talking Heads, The Clash, Oingo Boingo, X, Crowded House, Counting Crows, James Taylor, Maroon 5, Paul Simon, Andrea Bocelli, Coldplay, The Who and MORE! Have seen Elton John, John Mayer, The Cure, The Police, Billy Joel, Joe Jackson and Sting...multiple times.
  49. Wrote my blog...from Prague.
  50. Have figured out how to stay happy and healthy and how to continue to look forward to each day with a smile...and a whole lot of curiosity!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Yeah Miniature World!

Zuzana said...

I wish I would have done at least a few of those things.;) You have had a wonderful life so far and I am sure the best is yet to come.;)
xo

S. said...

Love it Julie!!! I may have to steal the idea...but change it to 50 things I have done by 40!!! You are an amazing lady!!!!

Susie A.

BUM said...

You need to write a book. That could be number 51!!!

BUM said...

You need to write a book. That could be number 51!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Marie said...

You live life so well. I love it :)