Sunday, May 29, 2011

Random Kinds of Factness (or stuff I thought about today...)

We are all getting older...but it really is a choice to get old. Physical shape has very little to do with age.
Time does not fly or go by fast. It actually goes by at the same rate for everyone and it's never seemed to go by quickly for me. Ever. I am thankful for that.
I'm trying to be softer and more gentle. And more understanding and more patient.
To the best of my ability, I live at peace with everyone. And I have let go of a few people who were disruptions of my own peace.
I love to call people by their name! I love knowing their names. And knowing them.
I absolutely LOVE that my kids are grown and on their own. They did not grow up fast. And I certainly don't miss them being little.
I smile a lot. Without even trying.
I know that I do not make the world turn. (Not anymore anyway...) And the hotel runs just fine when I'm not there.
I love to drink wine. And tequila. Yeah, and beer. And champagne. And Diet Coke.
I LOVE to hear the laughter of others! I really enjoy being able to make someone laugh! (Um, I'm pretty funny!)
I LOVE when I can make someone's day.
I really have enjoyed giving away most of my 'stuff.' At this point, I don't own anything that I would not hand to someone who would like to have it. This is one of my favorite things to do. You can have pretty much anything in this apartment. I'll still have everything I could possibly need.
At least once a week someone asks me if I was a cheerleader in high school. (Never was.)
I often have to remind myself to breathe. And to just take care of me. I love the analogy of the oxygen mask in an airplane: "place the mask over your own face first...then assist others."
I can vacuum this whole apartment from one plug.
I personally think if people spent as much time getting to know their own family as well they do getting to know TV show families...the world would be a better place.
I think going out to breakfast is way better than going out to dinner.
I realize now that my Nana's best advice was "rest."
I lotion up my entire body every single morning.
I love waking up in a hotel room, in another city, in another world. I think traveling beats therapy as far as healing goes.
I totally figured out what makes me happy. (It was so easy.)
I love to celebrate people's birthdays. Actually, I love to celebrate.
I listen to people who have been there. And disregard A LOT of other advice.
I SO love to sing! I'm a pretty good singer and have a GREAT memory for song lyrics.
I love to slow dance in my kitchen.
The most important part of 'Love your neighbor as yourself' is loving yourself.
I really enjoy this new simplistic/minimalistic life style.
Nothing feels as good as encouraging someone.
I buy and wear really good bras. (This makes a difference in so many ways!)
In my next life I'm eating chips and guacamole every day. And donuts.
I love FREE stuff! I SO enjoy being frugal and NOT spending money!
ALWAYS use sunscreen. Always.
I have a great bed and all the Montage bedding. I love to be in that bed.
I will always have to watch my weight...but will attempt to not obsess about it. (Attempt!)
I love the proper use of grammar.
I want to always be grateful. I make an effort to not take anything (or anyone) for granted.
I am terminal. (So are you.)
I know what I love most in life and I am lucky enough to make a living doing it.

Life is really good tonight. I had an amazing weekend.
And I have a GREAT week ahead.
I am so young, I feel so good...
and time is going by at the perfect speed.

Feeling SO joyful tonight. (Hope you are too...)

2 comments:

Sonja said...

You WOULD have been a great cheerleader in high school!

138 said...

Your blog should come with a warning label, "Reading this material may cause rapid heart rate." I.e., " I lotion my entire body every morning." Very dangerous reading, indeed!