Thursday, January 14, 2010

One fine day

Today was a most extraordinary day. It was one of those days when I can't believe I get paid for what I do...a day when I wouldn't even call it 'work'! I had 16,800 steps (nearly 13 miles!) on my pedometer at the end of the day...and smiled every single step of the way.
The thermometer read 72 degrees when I got in the car--my cue to take the top down and turn on the music. Suddenly I was driving down Pacific Coast Highway--the ocean as far as the eye can see--and then..."Blue Jean Baby, LA Lady, Seamstress for the band..." And I began to belt it out with Elton, "Hold me closer tiny dancer...count the headlights on the highway..."!!
...and I was sooo happy. SO happy! So happy that I literally had tears streaming down my face.
Yep, it was a good day.

With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable. ~
Thomas Foxwell Buxton

4 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

I'm so happy that you were so happy. That must be a nice feeling! I'm happy for you.

Zuzana said...

"Smile a little, cry a little and it will be a good day".
Have a wonderful Friday as well dear Julie, what a touching post...
xo
Zuzana

BUM said...

All good things come to those who are loving and giving!

Anonymous said...

I love those days. When you feel that peace in your heart and are so glad to be where you are. You feel like the world is yours and there nothing you can not do. I love that you had the top down, music up high and the words just flowing out of you mouth, all with the view of the ocean. YOU GO GIRL!

Your cousin Robin