Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Uncle Jimmy

My mother's brother, my Uncle Jimmy, died suddenly of a heart attack yesterday. He was 62 and the father of FIVE of my cousins, the youngest, Hunter, just turned 11.
Jimmy was hilarious...and my mother absolutely ADORED him.The photo below was taken in his home in Carson City....judging by Allison's age, I'd say it was 1987 or so. Jimmy was an avid hunter and a taxidermist by trade for years. (Notice stuffed goose and hanging animal skin in photo!)Jimmy had a nickname for every one of us...he called me "Jooper" or "Joopondelay"...(you had to hear him say it...) and it has stuck to this day. He also made up silly songs about everything. One of the classics, his song about our goldfish, Chucky Wally who jumped out of his bowl on several occasions...(yeah, you had to be there...)
Love and prayers to his family, my mom and her sisters and especially to his young kids today.
Damn, I can't believe this one.

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Im thankful for every blessed minute I had with Jim...Life will never be the same. Mom

S. said...

Sorry to hear about the loss...will be praying for a "peace that passes all understanding"...

Susie A.

Anonymous said...

He was a very special man and will be missed. I will always remember him laughing about everything. I enjoyed his visit to Arizona about 10 years ago, he was hunting in Tucson and game to Gilbert to visit me and my family.

Thanks for posting the pictures Julie. Great times!

Love Robin