Thursday, March 5, 2009

I have a dayton Ohio

When I was growing up, the Dodgers biggest rivals were the Cincinnati Reds. Those match ups were among my very favorites to watch...Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Davey Concepcion (sign of the cross three times please) and...Pete Rose!!
MAN, I loved THAT team!
One of my LIFE GOALS is to see a game at every baseball stadium in the country. At this point, I'm about 23 short of that objective.
Today I got ambitious and decided to move a little closer to my goal by booking a trip to Ohio!
Why not, right?
Truth is, I was planning a trip to visit my friend, Eliane in Dayton and, while choosing the date, I suddenly thought, why not book the trip around when the DODGERS are going to be in Cincinnati?!
And so I did!
I will attend a game at my EIGHTH ball park--The Reds' Great American Ball Park (on Pete Rose Way) in Cincinnati, Ohio--in late August.
I will be the one in blue.

4 comments:

Eliane said...

I am so excited!!!!
We are going to have so much fun.... I will be wearing my pink Dodger's Shirt.

Zuzana said...

I know someone in Ohio too. But we have lost touch.;))
Hope you will enjoy the game.;) And have fun with Eliane as well.;))

PETE Di LALLO said...

Dear TITLE QUEEN...
One of your best ever!!!

Dick said...

I was born not far from Dayton - in Piqua, Ohio. At age 12-13 I was taken to Cincinnati for a Reds game by the Lions Club as I was a paper boy of one of the members. I was living in Celina, OH then - about 100 miles from the city of the Reds. First major leage game!