Thursday, March 12, 2009

GREAT FULL day...

My friend Sonja emailed me this morning letting me know that she and our friend Katherine were meeting for lunch today at Montage. When I told my boss that my high school friends were coming in for a visit, he absolutely insisted that I sit down and join them! What a treat! I so love the people I work with. I truly love my job.
And it was literally one of the most enjoyable lunches I've had in a really long time. Refreshing, relaxing, rejuvenating...I love my ageless friends--and our timeless friendships--especially when served up with a plate of assorted pastries! (Yes, the chef wrote "Class of 81" in chocolate on the plate!)
I was so happy as I drove home...because despite all the CRAP going on in the world these days--Life is good.
Here are a few other 'good' things I am grateful for tonight:
  1. One month from today, baseball season will be in full swing. (Pun intended, Allison) Between now and then, I am going to Camelback Ranch (YEAH!) and the Angels camp in Tempe. I'll be at Opening Day for the Angels, as well as the first Angels/Red Sox game of the season! And, Opening Day for the Dodgers is a month from tomorrow. Oh yeah, I'll be there too.
  2. My friend, Eliane is flying in for a visit on my birthday in May! We'll be going to the Dodgers/Angels game while she's here and I just know that she will want to help me clean my garage out too! (Honestly, I am not sure which I am more excited about...)
  3. Today I received a beautiful, hand-written note from a guest, thanking me for assisting her while at the resort. She wrote, "You bring light and beauty everywhere you go and I felt lifted because of you." Wow. Had to share that. Have I mentioned I love my job?
  4. I'm sitting here in my jammies, feet up, enjoying a couple of Eggo waffles slathered in blueberry jelly while listening to Charley Steiner's play by play from Mexico. (Cuba is winning.) I am quite grateful for the MLB channel which most definitely helped eased the pain of the off-season this year.
  5. I'm about to make a cup of tea, wrap up in a blanket and take in the new episode of Gray's Anatomy. And I will most likely be crying my eyes out before the night is over. Sobbing out-loud to a television progam is one of the greatest advantages of living alone. Of course, eating Eggos for dinner while watching baseball is another good one...
I know that I really have a wonderful life. I truly have everything I need. And I am grateful.
In fact, tonight, I consider myself the luckiest girl on the face of the earth.
Well, pretty close.
Life really is good.
And these damn desserts were too!!

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I love visiting here as I always get in a good mod when reading your posts.
You are one of the most optimistic people I know; please do not ever change.
I am grateful that I stumbled upon your blog.;))

Have a great weekend Julie.;))
xoxo

Eliane said...

Life is good indeed and I can't wait to visit you....Oh cleaning up the garage is going to be so exciting.