Friday, June 15, 2007

Question Mark

How many times have you walked through the mall and you see a dozen things you'd love to buy...if only you had the money...
Then, you get a gift certificate for your birthday or Christmas and you go back to the mall...and can't find anything you like!

This is the analogy I have come up with for my life.
I spent the majority of my life working and going to school while taking great care of a home and family. I had thousands of thoughts, ideas and dreams about what I would do "someday" when I had the time...
And, I got a gift--a gift of a second life and all the free time a person could ever want...
and I can't for the life of me figure out what to do.
I've DONE everything a person "wants" to do in life: I have great kids, a college degree, a job that I love, and amazing friends and family. I've fixed up my beautiful home, I've planned another trip to Europe, I read books, watch movies, go to dinner with friends 2 or 3 times a week...I am even going to the Police concert next week!
...but, the QUESTION MARK is FAR bigger than all that.
Please note that I am asking this with a SMILE on my face, JOY in my heart and amazing PEACE of mind...but I am still asking:
What am I going to do for the rest of my life?

2 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

See my e-mail...

Unknown said...

travel then have a nice big gathering with all your friends and family to tell them about your trip over a great meal and good wine.