Tuesday, June 5, 2007

In praise of Sports!

May I make a suggestion to those of you who think that life isn't great??
Watch more sports.
I cannot tell you how much happiness watching a great sporting event adds to my life! The game itself, the strategy, the amazing plays...SO exciting, so entertaining and just so much darn FUN!!
The Ducks' game last night was all of that and more...I was yelling and clapping and enjoyed every minute of that incredible game! Tomorrow night's game (5pm channel 4) will be a chance for the Ducks to win it all--the Stanley cup! If you have never witnessed a team skating around a rink with that giant silver cup held up high over their heads--I encourage you to watch that game! I promise...it will make you so happy!
And for a daily dose of that same happy--turn on Sports Center while you're getting ready in the morning. You'll catch all the scores of all the previous days' games and will be caught up on what's going on in the world of sports. If nothing else just watch "Web Gems" or the "Top 10 plays of the day"--I guarantee you will be encouraged, inspired and will have a smile on your face! It's such a GREAT way to start the day!
But you know the best part about watching sports? It doesn't really matter! In the big scheme of life, it's all for fun and it really doesn't make any difference if the Ducks or the Dodgers win or lose...it's a pleasure to watch no matter what...
But, dang, it is SO DARN SWEET when they win.

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Way to go!
Nice!
You said it!

Much like you, in our line of work, meeting people all day it's important to know latest sporting news of big games and scores of sports

and YOU, progeny of a Canadian parent who is an American by choice... you know!!!

Go Ducks!

Jen Panunzio said...

I am not much of a sports fan but my neighbor got me into it this weekend. I watched the game Saturday and Monday night. Monday's was so good and I am definitely am going to watch it tonight. My neighbors are going to the game!! Lucky them!

Brent said...

Well said.