Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My little Italian Journal...

A dear friend gave me this journal the day that I started my new job at Montage. It was symbolic really, because as I was starting my new job, I was also beginning a whole new life.
I came across the little journal last night...it's been through a lot with me over the last couple of years. It survived a lot of cuss words, confusion and tears that first year. And was my traveling companion in Europe, taking in all my thoughts as I saw sunflowers in Tuscany, flew above the Matterhorn in Zermatt and heard "Unchained Melody" as I walked through Piazza San Marco in Venice.
As I prepared to move into my new home, the journal became my book of to do, to buy, to call...my quick budget and spending log.

And then toward the back, there is the page with the verse:
Proverbs 31:25 "She is facing the future with a smile."
A women on my Europe trip told me this verse one morning on the bus and I had it printed on my new address announcements when I moved into my beautiful home.
So glad I opened the journal last night. I needed the reminder of how happy and peaceful I have become.
I am, indeed, facing the future--one day at a time--with a smile.
And I have half of a sweet, memory-filled little Italian journal left to soak it all up.
I think I'll need a bigger one soon.

1 comment:

Heather McTaggart said...

Journaling is my life! I love it! Keep it up..you can yell, scream, get angry, say things you can't say outloud, have tons of joy, scream with happiness...all under one cover AND it belongs to YOU! It's YOUR STORY! I love my journals!