Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Eat Pray Love

I bought this book last year, but for some reason, never opened it up. Today, I am not sure why, I pulled it off the shelf and decided to give it a try.
I cried--sobbed--through the first 35 pages. It is Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir. She is a woman who "had everything" in life, then goes through a traumatic divorce, devastating heartbreak, crushing depression and the loss of everything she thought she was supposed to be. It sounds shockingly similar to MY last two years.
To recover, she gives herself the time and space to find out who she really is and what she really wants out of life. Gilbert's ultimate goal is to find balance between worldly enjoyment and divine transcendence. Eat, Pray, Love is essentially about what can happen when you claim responsibility for your own contentment. I am really looking forward to reading about her journey. So far, I absolutely love it. Talk about perfect timing.

No comments: