Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Arrivederci Grandpa John...

My Grandpa John died last night. This is a picture from the last day I saw him which was about three weeks ago. He was in such good spirits that day...he kept asking when I was going to find a good Italian boyfriend! (He was 100% Italiano!)
Even though it was somewhat expected the last few weeks and even though he had lived a very full 92 years, I am so very sad tonight. I have lived within a few miles of my grandparents all of my life and would run into them at Costco or the market up until just a couple of years ago. They were part of my kids' lives too, never missing a Fuddrucker's gathering up to just last month. I can't believe I am not going to be able to stop by and say hello to him anymore. He was hilarious. Corny as hell, but hilarious.
If I know my Grandpa, I am sure he's got a crowd around him in heaven right now, he's cooked up a big Italian dinner and he's telling everyone, "Hey, I do the jokes!"
Ti Amo Grandpa John

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Jewels its me your cousin Sherri Marie.Im sorry about your Grandpa my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I love you all. Sherri

Alanna Moine said...

I bet he's tricking girls into kissing him on the lips. That's my favorite memory of him. He was a good dude!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I am so sorry about the loss of your grandfather. I miss my grandparents so much. You are so lucky that you got to spend as much time with him as you did. I bet he is watching over you now...he will be your little angel.

andrea said...

I'm sorry Julie. I wish I had a grandpa like that!