Sunday, February 4, 2007

So proud to be a Titan!












Last night I had the privilege of attending this incredible event. I am a PROUD graduate of Cal State Fullerton and each year I join the Alumni Association as a way to show my appreciation for the school and the part they played in the story of my education and my success. I spent 10 years at Cal State Fullerton (I know, I should be a doctor.) Allison is also a proud graduate of CSUF!
This year, I decided to donate "just a little extra" so I could be a part of this night of celebration...and see Chicago in concert! The entire evening was such a treat for me and my friend, Kelly. We ate our way through the incredible dessert and champagne reception, and then thoroughly enjoyed the tributes and awards to special contributors which were SUNG by the performing arts group from CSUF. Each of the "introductions" was a '50s or '60s song re-written to let the audience know of the recipients' contributions. It was SO well done--the group is amazingly talented. Then, the capper of the night--Chicago came on to perform. Spectacular! These guys are celebrating 40 years of success...and having a blast doing it! They have sold 122 million records in those 40 years and have just released "Chicago 30".NOTHING better than a concert where you can sing every single song and the horn players were nothing short of fabulous!
Cal State Fullerton, the most affordable fully accredited university in the area, will celebrate their 50th anniversary this fall with a variety of special events and celebrations. There are more than 35,000 students currently enrolled and they have one HECK of a baseball team to boot! Over 176,000 people hold degrees from Cal State Fullerton, and last night, I was OH so proud to be one of them!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I went to CSUF too!! I graduated in Aug '04 with a BA in Radio/TV/Film