Sunday, February 11, 2007

Still amazing after all these years...

While reading my brand new "Sporting News Baseball" Magazine last night, I was fascinated and impressed with the number of players who are either over 40 or will celebrate their 40th birthday this year. Being in my (early) 40s as well, I find it uplifting and encouraging and, I guess, I am just kinda proud of all these guys. Even if you're not a huge baseball fan, these players have all been around for a while and you're probably at least familiar with their names.(If you haven't heard of them, well, it's a sure bet that you and I aren't dating.) These guys are the true, seasoned veterans and will be a pleasure to continue to keep tabs on as they begin the '07 season:Curt Schilling, Tim Wakefield, Kenny Rogers, Reggie Sanders, Kenny Lofton, Randy Johnson, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Jeff Kent, Luis Gonzalez, Barry Bonds, Greg Maddux, Jeff Conine, Craig Biggio, Moises Alou, Omar Vizquel, and Woody Williams, (among others!) Honorable mention goes to Mike Piazza who will be 39 this year!
And the most impressive and inspiring player, hands down, has to be Julio Franco of the New York Mets. Julio will take the field this year at age 49. Awesome.
Gosh I love baseball...

1 comment:

Brent said...

But you're only 34.