Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thirty years!

I just got home from dinner (including mud pie!) with my friend, Kelly.
Kelly and I met in 1977--when we began our freshman year at Mater Dei High School. The two of us enjoyed each minute of our high school experience and nearly every recollection I have of those good old days, includes Kelly.
She was the maid of honor at my wedding, our first babies were born three months apart and our second babies were born four months apart...Kelly and I grew up together--along with our children--and are still to this day, the closest of friends. We have been there for each other, through thick and thin (and FAT and thin!)
Kelly has been especially supportive of me these last couple of years and this summer we spent many nights laughing until we cried while making phone calls and creating name tags for our 25th high school reunion. Oh the stories we have...Kelly can make me laugh like no other!
Tonight I shared with her that I had a date with someone new this past weekend...
This friend, who knows me better than just about anyone on earth, had just one question... "Does he like baseball?"
She knows me. There is nothing more comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying than spending time with someone who truly understands you, loves you, and wants the best for you...a life-long, loyal, sincere and indisputable friend.
Someone with whom you can share the joy and the pain, the secrets and the successes.
And a big piece of mud pie.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Have you heard each other fart? I think that's true friendship.

Julie Hibbard said...

Nope. And never will....
THAT'S true frienship!!!

Brent said...

25th reunion? That's impossible! You would have graduated at age 8?!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I'm with Allison on that one!