Monday, January 8, 2007

13 going on...


This is a picture of my adorable and very sweet nephew, Thatcher Ellis Vistaunet.

On January 7th, Thatcher stepped into a new dimension--entering the great unknown--
the ever-anticipated teen years--Yes, Thatcher is now 13!
Thatcher's father is 6 feet 5 inches tall, and I swear, Thatcher has been measuring himself next to me all of his life--hoping and looking forward to the day that he would be taller than his (favorite) aunt Juju...
Wait no more, the fateful day has arrived...it seems as if all of a sudden, he has hit his goal in life--he is, indeed, taller than me...
At a whopping 5'2, I am used to young family members measuring their growth success by achieving the ability to stand back to back with me and have people yell-- "YES! You've done it! You are taller than Julie!"
Thatcher was so happy, he picked me up! Hilarious.
I know that this will no doubt, be the last time Thatcher and I are ever this close in height. His dad, uncles, brother--and even his Grandma--are all well over six feet tall and I know Thatcher will tower over me in a few short years...
I just hope he will still want to stand next to Aunt Juju and take a picture...

No comments: