Thursday, January 11, 2007

Get the picture?









I don't think there's been a day in my life that I didn't have a camera with me. Up until six days ago that is, when my camera was knocked from my hand and broken on impact...my heart following right behind. It's been a long six days...
I received my first camera, a Kodak Pocket Instamatic, with its 110 film and flashcubes, as a gift on my 10th birthday. I INSTANTLY became hooked on the incredible power of photographs.
People love pictures of themselves more than they will every admit. I think we all LOVE our ability to capture moments in life that we know will not last. Pictures help us to remember the good stuff in life and give us stories to tell for years and years. Pictures prove that we have LIVED.
I have a trunk full of pictures from high school and literally thousands of pictures of times with my children. There are pictures of all the special (and even the not so special) moments and events of our lives. I look through these pictures all the time!
I have nearly 100 framed pictures of my friends and family on one of the walls of my home. THESE are the people who I love and who love me.
They remind me of what makes life worth living...these people ARE my life!
Pictures remind us of this truth and cameras take these pictures.
If you know me, then there is a good chance that I have a picture of us together. And no one ever takes a picture of something that they want to forget. That's why I had to go buy a new camera last night.
I have so much that I want to remember.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Praise the Lord!! Finally!! a great camera!!