I think I FINALLY understand why my mother says time goes by so fast...
When you're not working...time really does FLY!
I have had the last SEVEN days off...and, though it went by WAY too quickly,
it's been HEAVENLY!!
I didn't have to:
- get up at 4am
- wear pantyhose or
- put on a suit
What I DID do:
- Slept til AT LEAST 5am every single day!
- Wore sundresses and flip flops most of the time. (And yoga pants...don't tell Allison)
- Helped my folks organize their storage...and found lots of buried treasures.
- Talked to my son on the phone from his first solo apartment. In San Francisco. (He's so happy!)
- Helped a friend move into her new house...and enjoyed a whole day with her and her mother and her daughters.
- Went to breakfast with my best friend...TWICE! (So delicious!)
- Went to Happy Hour THREE times (that's a whole lot of HAPPY hours!)
- Went out to dinner THREE times! (Lots MORE HAPPY hours!)
- Went to a VERY silly movie (Ted...it could have been the Martinis, but DAMN was it funny!)
- Took a ride out to visit Sweet Juju...(the ride is always my favorite part.)
- Baked (from scratch) four DELICIOUS zucchini chocolate chip breads!
- Spent a WHOLE day with my best friend
- Played tennis (I LOVE playing tennis!)
- Went to the Pageant of the Masters
- Did a little browsing in the Laguna art boutiques
- Had friends over for dinner...twice!
- Laid by the pool and read.
- Finished one book and started another.
- Began updating my will. What can I leave you?
- Watched several episodes of Will and Grace. (If you've never seen the 'Von Trapped' episode, PLEASE find it on Hulu and watch it immediately...you'll be glad you did!)
- Ate (and THOROUGHLY enjoyed) nearly a HALF of a loaf of (incredible) zucchini chocolate chip bread, an (always delicious) Breakfast Jack, (mouth-watering) biscuits with (fabulous) apple butter, (phenomenal) strawberry shortcake, (the BEST) buttermilk pancakes, (never disappointing) bacon, (fabulously fresh and magnificent) Italian bread with butter and anchovies, (fantastic) home-made peach cobbler with ice cream, a (simply perfect) red velvet cupcake, (very tasty) barbeque chicken pizza and a (MOST decadent) chocolate old fashion donut. Dare I mention the wine, Margaritas and Martinis?
- Smiled, relaxed, napped, cried, breathed, talked, laughed, shared, hoped, dreamed.
- Enjoyed life...and loved every second.
But, let me assure you, though the time goes much slower during a work day, I will be smiling and laughing and talking and sharing and helping and hoping...and probably even enjoying bacon!
I've absolutely enjoyed the last seven days immensely...
but, really, no matter where I am--even back at work...
I'm enjoying life...and loving every second.