Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's coming along!

Looks like my house, huh?
I LOVE the paint color and absolutely love the house!
It's SO quiet and calm.
What a GREAT day! I was at IKEA before it opened and bought my bookshelves for the den. (Will work on those over the weekend.) The painter finished the living room today so I hung all the curtain rods, ironed all the curtains and got them all hung! What a difference!
I unpacked at least a half dozen boxes and put every single thing exactly where it belongs...was able to put away wine glasses and set up my bar too. I probably won't have any furniture in the living room for a while, but I can't wait to hang up the Broadway Musical Posters!
Made another trip to the Goodwill and MANY MANY trips to the dumpsters! (I love dumpsters!)
Great shot of where I've been sleeping for the last week. Classy for sure.
Carpet comes tomorrow! Then it will all really start coming together!
I've enjoyed every minute of it and am SO grateful to be home again.

3 comments:

Sweet Lu said...

I really is coming along! Wow, you've done so much and it looks so warm and welcoming. I especially like your current nightstand. Can't wait to see it!

robin_brown_62 said...

I'm with Lorraine...love the nightstand :) Can't wait to see the final results of all your hard work!

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Reminds me of the A-Team quote 'I love it when a plan comes together.' great job and it's nice that you are enjoying it.
thanks for sharing your ptogress and enthusiasm.
Johnina :D