Sunday, July 31, 2011

Have you or haven't you?

Borrowed from another friend's blog, here's a list of Have or Have Nots.
The things in BOLD are the things I have done.
The others I have not...not yet anyway...
How about YOU?

1. Been to the Red Light District in Amsterdam (Twice!)
2. Slept under the stars (In a tent, but never out under the stars...someday!)
3. Been a part of a hockey fight (Can't imagine this ever happening...)
4. Changed a baby’s diaper (many many many...but, gratefully, it's been a while!)
5. Given more than you can afford to charity
6. Climbed a mountain
7. Held a tarantula (Loved my little pet tarantula, Heri!)
8. Said “I love you” and meant it (what a difference it makes to say it and MEAN it...)
9. Bungee jumped
10. Visited Paris (Three times now...)
11. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise (But I see many on the way to work several times a week!)
12. Gone to a huge sporting event (Many! The biggest being the Dodgers' 50th anniversary game--along with over 100,000 others--at the Coliseum in 2008 )
13. Climbed the stairs to the crown of the Statue of Liberty (Twice!)
14. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (Miss this!)
15. Stood on the top of the World Trade Center (also stood at Ground Zero...)
16. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (Are you kidding? I grew up in Catholic Church...this happened weekly!)
17. Wished upon a falling star. (No, but I'm keeping my eyes open...my wish is ready!)
18. Bet on a winning horse (LOVE going to the races)
19. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (Never taken a sick day)
20. Been to the Leaning Tower of Pisa (I have literally been within 10 miles--TWICE! On the list!)
21. Held a lamb (no, but I was at a goat slaying ceremony in Kenya...close enough?)
22. Gone skinny dipping (on the '50 things to do before I'm 50' list...)
23. Had a meaningful conversation with a homeless person. (Quite a few in Kenya...)
24. Seen a total eclipse
25. Hit a home run
26. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (Every time I dance)
27. Adopted an accent for fun (If you have ever hung out with Allison, you have done this too!)
28. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Does Jonesboro, Arkansas count?)
29. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment (For a lot longer than a moment...)
30. Loved your job 90% of the time (I'd say 99% of the time)
31. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (definitely)
32. Gone rock climbing
33. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach (No. But this would be toward the top of my wish list)
34. Gone sky diving
35. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (countless times at Coco's...)
36. Bench-pressed your own weight (I don't think that would be possible.)
37. Milked a cow (Bottom of the wish list...)
38. Alphabetized your personal files (And my CDs and DVDs)
39. Ever worn a superhero costume (Although I was the green Powerpuff girl one Halloween)
40. Sung karaoke (Would LOVE to do this...)
41. Lounged around in bed all day (One of my new favorite things to do...)
42. Gone scuba diving
43. Kissed in the rain (This is on the wish list too!)
44. Played in the mud
45. Gone to a drive-in movie theater (lots of very memorable dates at the drive in. Wait, there was a movie playing?)
46. Done something you should regret, but don’t (Many things...)
47. Visited the Great Wall of China
48. Started a business (Once, I kinda owned a hospital)
49. Taken a martial arts class
50. Been in a movie (OK, it was a waitress training video for Coco's...close enough?)
51. Gone without food for 3 days (Can't see this one ever happening...)
52. Made cookies from scratch (And ate LOTS of batter!)
53. Got flowers for no reason
54. Spoken more than one language fluently (La plume et sur la table. ok. no.)
55. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone (never gotten into a fight.)
56. Bounced a check (Many. But, gratefully, not in the last six years.)
57. Read - and understood - your credit report (Only in the last six years!)
58. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy (Chatty Cathy, Bobblehead Dolls, Old Lunch boxes, PEZ dispensers, and more!)
59. Called or written your Congress person (and my letter was published in the LA Times)
60. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over (Hmm...yes)
61. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
62. Helped an animal give birth (no comment)
63. Been fired or laid off from a job
64. Won money (I was the name of the day on K-BIG-$500!)
65. Broken a bone
66. Ridden a motorcycle
67. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph (My brother in law's Porsche 911 Turbo!!!)
68. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
69. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing (When I flew to Italy, I took THREE Tylenol PMs and was OUT the whole time!)
70. Eaten sushi (Oh Lord YES...LOVE it!)
71. Had your picture in the newspaper
72. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
73. Gone back to school (Got my Bachelor's Degree a week after my 37th birthday!)
74. Changed your name (My maiden name is DiLallo)
75. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands (We are talking fly ball, right?)
76. Eaten fried green tomatoes (Come on, my mother is from Arkansas!)
77. Read The Iliad
78. Taught yourself an art from scratch (Baking? Cooking? Blogging?)
79. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (For the love of God.)
80. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt (Still doing this...)
81. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language (I do this at work nearly every day)
82. Been elected to public office (No. But I have been elected room mother, team mom and vice president of the music boosters!)
83. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream (Every single day...)
84. Had to put someone you love into hospice care (My Grandpa John)
85. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you (I couldn't GIVE my artwork to someone who KNEW me)
86. Dyed your hair (once or twice...)
87. Rocked a baby to sleep (oh yeah. oh yeah. Loved my babies so much.)
88. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours (No. But I have wanted to.)
89. Raked your carpet (Our RED shag!! Remember Gina? So beautiful!)
90. Brought out the best in people (I think I have.)
91. Brought out the worst in people (I hope not.)
92. Worn a mood ring
93. Ridden a horse
94. Cooked a dish where people asked for the recipe (All the time. BTS!)
95. Gone to a Broadway play (Many many many many!)
96. Been inside the pyramids (Definitely on the list!)
97. Shot a basketball into a basket
98. Danced at a disco
99. Played in a band
100. Tutored someone
101. Ridden a train
102. Eaten caviar (once was plenty for me...)
103. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need (yeah, maybe more than once...)
104. Ridden a elephant (Every year at the fair right before I have my funnel cake!)
105. Published a book (Maybe someday!)
106. Pieced a quilt (Will never have the patience.)
107. Lived in an historic place ( I've lived in the OC for 48 years! I'm older than most of the cities!)
108. Acted in a play or performed on a stage (But not my Senior Class play...have I ever mentioned that?!)
109. Asked for a raise
110. Made a hole-in-one (No. But I bowled a 201 in late 1977!)
111. Gone deep sea fishing (Should have killed it and prepared it for dinner!)
112. Gone roller skating (Was a regular at Skateway!)
113. Run a marathon (Absolutely last on my list. Wait, it's not even on the list.)
114. Learned to surf (Would LOVE to learn to surf!)
115. Invented something (I totally invented the "pull up"...disposable potty training pants. Tried for a long time to sell the idea. Yeah....and the chip clip! )
116. Flown first class (OH yeah--complimentary too! Took more pictures on this flight than when we were in Paris! It's the only way to fly!)
117. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite (Yep...in Venice, Italy. Alone.)
118. Flown in a helicopter (Over the Swiss Alps!)
119. Visited Africa (Kenya 2008)
120. Sang a solo
121. Gone spelunking (No. And don't look this up. There are a couple of definitions. No to both.)
122. Learned how to take a compliment (Yes. And OH how I love to take them.)
123. Written a love story (Oh yeah...)
124. Seen Michelangelo’s David (My oh my yes...twice)
125. Written a fan letter (To Michael J. Fox)
126. Spent the night in something haunted (A Victorian B & B in Cape May New Jersey.)
127. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane (Oh good God, no thank you.)
128. Ran away (See #60)
129. Learned to juggle (I'm going to buy a bag of oranges...can someone please teach me?)
130. Been a boss (And been a little bossy.)
131. Sat on a jury (I was juror #138 in April 2011)
132. Lied about your weight (Come on, I weigh 120. Period!)
133. Gone on a diet (I LIVE on a diet)
134. Written a poem (A love song or two actually...)
135. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox (A Bobby Sherman Lunchbox!)
136. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
137. Been to the southern hemisphere.
138. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks (Used to take my kids all the time!)
139. Gone to the opera (Have been in a LOT of Opera houses in Europe tho!)
140. Gotten a letter from someone famous (Michael J. Fox)
141. Ridden in a limousine (A few times now!)
142. Attended the Olympics
143. Can hula or waltz (See #26)
144. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books (Even MET the Hardy Boys!)
145. Been stuck in an elevator
146. Thought you might crash in an airplane
147. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert (Although Bobby Sherman sang a song to me when we saw him at the OC Fair...)
148. Saved someone’s life (My own.)
149. Eaten raw whale (Really?)
150. Know how to do needlepoint (Remember your awesome birthday gift, Sonja?)
151. Laughed till your side hurt (Nearly every day...)
152. Started crying for no apparent reason (Every single day...)
153. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing (Yes. But lets admit, the best pictures have people in them...)
154. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival (Went to the Globe Theatre in London!)
155. Spent the night in a hostel (With Allison in NYC!)
156. Been a cashier (Yep. And then was promoted to being the lady who cuts material.)
157. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
158. Donated blood (Every six weeks at Montage!)
159. Built a campfire
(I was a Bluebird and a Campfire Girl...dad, you LOVE those stories, huh?)
160. Have a blog (Oh man, do I have a blog!)
161. Know CPR (No. But I like mouth to mouth. I know. BOO!)
162. Owned a convertible
163. Met a famous Sports Celebrity (...have I ever told you about the time Greg Maddux bought me a drink?)
164. Found a long lost friend (and got a great new friend out of the deal...)
165. Fallen in love

3 comments:

138 said...

Wow! You have lived a full life and have touched so many people so deeply. Thank you for being! 138

PETE Di LALLO said...

It's been a while since I did one of these, and it was one of yours a few years ago...I will fill mine out in the next day or so...
xoxox

Sonja said...

Of course I remember my awesome birthday gift. I see it every day - it's hanging in my closet above my clothes! A work of art.