Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fairly Reliable...

To be really honest, I could do without 95% of all that the Orange County Fair has to offer. I don't ride the big rides or play any of the games (does anyone really need a six foot Hello Kitty?) God knows I wouldn't touch a chocolate covered corn dog or a beer battered Snickers bar, and I'm not particularly fond of huge masses of people--I usually try to go on a Wednesday at 10am if I have my choice!
And, personally, I think it's ridiculously expensive.
All that said, thanks to Sunny and Elijah, I haven't missed one in years. We skip right past the rides, games and food stands and go straight to our FAVORITE parts of the OC Fair:


we ride the elephant...
then we go see the snakes, spiders and reptiles (I LOVE these!)
we spend a LOT of time with the farm animals (and always hope to see the newborn piglets!)
and we spend the rest of the time wandering through the vegetables and flowers...
I LOVE the gardens!
in between, of course, we have ice cream and popcorn, get our face painted and take lots of pictures...
and I just love on that little guy.



But other than that, I can do without the fair.
Til next year of course.

3 comments:

robin_brown_62 said...

The Fair! Looks like a wonderful and joyous day spent with Elijah. Love his smile! No fried butter this time? lol

Pastor Perry said...

love your photos. thanks for sharing. please visit me at http://perrythepastor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Alliteratively your titles totally tell the tale...