Saturday, July 16, 2011

40 VERY RANDOM THOUGHTS....


  1. Expectations are planned disappointments.
  2. If my house was burning down, I'd just grab my laptop. And maybe my purse. Yep, that's about it.
  3. Vin Scully can make even a crappy game sound attractive.
  4. I could eat a whole box of See's DARK chocolate molasses chips.
  5. I schedule nights now to be alone and do absolutely nothing.
  6. I am very rarely overwhelmed. Everything can be solved/fixed/figured out.
  7. I LOVE an afternoon nap.
  8. I love Orange County. It's not "too fast" for me. It's just perfect.
  9. I got a big kick out of paying $3.75/gallon for gas in Orange the other day.
  10. I really wish that I didn't have to watch my weight. I miss pancakes, granola and bagels.
  11. I am happy 99% of the time. The rest of the time, I'm just sleeping.
  12. I drink a little more than a half pot of coffee every morning before I leave the house.
  13. Once a week or so, a guest at the hotel will say that I look like Reese Witherspoon. Or Alice in Wonderland.
  14. I often fantasize about going back in time and changing things.
  15. I LOVE being with my high school friends. I love shared memories. And making new ones.
  16. I miss cooking.
  17. I have never broken a bone.
  18. I really miss my other house.
  19. I was 21 before I was ever on an airplane.
  20. I am addicted to writing.
  21. I have never seen one episode of Star Trek.
  22. I can't believe how much I love the iPad.
  23. I have so enjoyed the giant bathtub at this apartment.
  24. I love to be in a cabin in the mountains. (Especially in the snow)
  25. I would rather have a cold Corona than any other drink.
  26. I always have my camera with me. Always.
  27. I admire my daughter more than anyone else on earth.
  28. I really love getting my hair washed when I get it done each month.
  29. I sleep with two pillows. One between my knees.
  30. I can see my whole life with a soundtrack.
  31. I could wear jeans with a tee shirt and flip flops everyday and everywhere.
  32. I love the smell of something baking in my house.
  33. I think email is the best thing ever invented. And Google.
  34. I wish the tattoo would just go away already...
  35. I really enjoy watching people as they are being picked up or dropped off at the airport.
  36. I love to dance.
  37. I really love kissing.
  38. I LIKE getting up early and rarely see 10PM.
  39. I now truly enjoy my days off.
  40. I am living the life I always dreamed of.

6 comments:

Allison said...

I agree (or also like) many of these same things...I really am like you...

Anonymous said...

41. I love to recycle.

Sweet Lu said...

I was going to tell you how great this list is when I saw Allison's comment. It warmed my heart. You are blessed.

138 said...

These random thoughts absorb me everyday. So many are like my own. I think you are one of the most self-honest people I know. Which explains why you are so happy, you are not trying to be someone who you are not. You have my full admiration. 138

138 said...

Definitely Alice in Wonderland. I would follow you down any rabbit hole. 138

carrie d. said...

You are so great! I love reading your thoughts. And I always think about #2. I would even take my laptop over my phone if I really only had time to get one thing. :)