Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's my HALF birthday...

So, here we are at November 19th...again. It's the halfway point of my birthdays each year and it's the one day on which I have never failed to journal.
I always take a little time to look back at where I was on my birthday this year...who I was with, what I was thinking about, and where I have come from since then.
It's actually very interesting to look back at May 19th this year. I received 'Happy Birthday' phone calls from two of my aunts that day, both whom have since died. I spent the day with a girl friend who is no longer part of my life. I was beginning a friendship with a man...that lasted until last week. I had an amazing 'Dutch Baby' pancake for breakfast and chips and guacamole with a Margarita for dinner. (Come on, I never forget the really important stuff!)
And then, each November 19th, I can't help but wonder where I will be six months from today, on the next May 19th. Who will I spend that day with? Who will I be thinking about and talking to? Who will be part of my life that day and gone within the next six months? And, most importantly, will there be pancakes and chips, guacamole and Margaritas involved?
Oh yes...thankfully, some things can be counted on year after year.
Celebrating and reflecting today...
and staying OH SO curious about the future.

6 comments:

BUM said...

Good Morning and happy half birthday !Lots of things have changed since your whole birthday and I hope things will change for the next (for the better).You never changed...so keep up the good work! Mom

Unknown said...

Quite an interesting process of taking a look back. But also glad that you are looking ahead with great anticipation too! Happy Half, Julie!

Leah said...

I predict in six months, on your...29th? birthday, it will look like this: you looking as happy and beautiful as always, sharing an amazing meal with an amazing (and very handsome) gentleman, surrounded by friends and family, living life to the fullest. Happy Half Julie!!

Anonymous said...

Seems to me you must be pursuing men who are unavailable in one way or another--could that be true?

Otherwise, these men would be fools to let you go.

I predict the same as Leah.
Keep your eyes open and seek out the ones who are truly available to give their best to you physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. Don't settle for less than the best--you deserve it!
There is some guy out there who will be the luckiest man on earth one day soon--when he is part of your every day life!
I'm thinking by May 19th.

Sarah said...

Happy Half Birthday! Isn't it amazing how quickly our lives change? I am sure the next six months will be full of adventures.

S. said...

Happy Half-Birthday (it's a day late, but not a dollar short)...hope it was a good day of reflection. I love this process of reflection and documenting it...

I hope you know that your blog always brings some sunshine and a smile every day!!

Keep that smile Julie....

Susie A.