Friday, August 14, 2009

Twilight Double Header

It was a good day. (Yeah, most of them are...) But today had an added boost of joy!
This morning Rob, my manager (and friend), handed me a big gift bag with tissue and a ribbon and all. He said it was "for helping out in the restaurant all summer." I was so surprised and excited...I couldn't wait to open it up!

First though, there was the handwritten note from Rob:
"...your energy and spirit are something to be admired...thank you for bringing your smile and positive attitude everyday."
He went on...
"I'm not sure what's in your morning coffee, but now you can drink it with team spirit!"
(I do actually drink nearly a full pot of coffee before heading to work each morning!)

Inside the bag were the two coffee mugs pictured above....one for home and one for the road...both sporting the Dodgers logo!
How nice is that?!!
I don't care what ANYONE says, you NEVER get used to getting up at 4am. Never!
But, if you work in the right place, with the right people...
at some point, you actually look forward to it.
Of course a whole lot of coffee helps too.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I think that the most important in life is to have a good family, good health and someone to love. But right after all this is to have good friends and a good place to work. You seem to have done well on pretty much all of the above Julie; your life sure is good.;))
xo

BUM said...

I agree with Protege....but of course moms all think that way about their children or at least they should. You're easy to have good thoughts about.Keep up the good work. Mom