Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel Guide

“A good traveler has no fixed plans,
and is not intent on arriving.”
- Lao Tzu
So looking forward to my three-day getaway to San Francisco. Besides the Dodgers/Giants game, I have nothing planned. Maybe some clam chowder in a bread bowl on Fisherman's Wharf...something chocolate at Ghiradelli...a little shopping at Union Square...a ride on a cable car or dim sum in China Town. A walk across the Golden Gate Bridge....an afternoon in Sausalito. Oh...and an extended visit to the Liberty Bakery and Wine Bar...
(Seriously, does it get any better than THAT??)
I know that I'll be spending a little extra time in the comfy hotel room bed...and I definitely want to order something from room service.

OK...so maybe I have a few things planned...

7 comments:

'neice said...

When are you coming? I would LOVE to see you!

Zuzana said...

I hope you will have a wonderful stay.;)) A love the short getaways, sometimes they are better than extended trips.;))
xo

BUM said...

Sounds like a "dream" trip as only you can "not" plan.Have a great time....Bum

BUM said...

P,S. Love the poster...Bum

PETE Di LALLO said...

I reviewed Liberty Cafe's menu all the while salivating on my keyboard...
next visit we will have to eat lunch and dinner there, maybe not on the same day
My all-time favorite is Cioppino with a bottle of Gewürztraminer...
it's not even lunch time yet and I know I won't enjoy it...

PETE Di LALLO said...

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving"...maybe...
I always said 'Getting there is half the fun'
unless you're driving up I-5...

Anonymous said...

San Francisco here we come! I can't wait either. I love to fly by the seat of my pants and make plans as we go. Room service sounds so yummy. Can we stay in our pj's in the big comfy bed and eat......ice cream or breakfast???????? Everything you listed sounds fun and exciting.
Your cousin Robin