Monday, June 22, 2009

The Oneders*

My nephew, Thatcher, had an interesting school assignment last week. He had to come up with one song that would be the "best title for his life"....
Since he's quite the surfer and loves everything about it, he chose "Surfing USA"...
Today at lunch I mentioned the assignment to a few friends at work...
"What one song would be the best title for your life?" I wonder....
It started off seriously, but within a few minutes we were laughing so hard, milk was shooting out of people's nose, food was being spit out and tears were running down my face. Well, that might be slightly exaggerated...but it was pretty dang funny...
With a little help, I started to write them down:

*I Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking for
*You can't always get what you want
*Dancing Queen
*The Thrill is Gone
*Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
*I'm Too Sexy
*I am Woman Hear me Roar
*Don't worry, Be happy
*Can't buy me love
*They're coming to take me away
*I Will Survive
*Super Freak
*Highway to Hell
*Misunderstood
*I get by with a little help from my friends
*I wanna know what love is
*Comfortably numb
*Like a Virgin
*Miss Independent
*The Bitch is Back
*Easy Lover
*Surfer Girl
*I'm a Barbie Girl
*Material Girl
*Dude Looks like a Lady
*Wild Thing
*Disco Duck
*Happiest Girl in the whole USA
(that was mine...)

What's YOUR'S?

*It's good, right?

2 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

Mine would be: If you can't be with the one you love (honey) love the one your with or Love Stinks. I like Highway to Hell too and So What?

Julie Hibbard said...

Sheila,
I am afraid I was not clear.
I had explained my nephew's assignment and asked EVERYONE ELSE what THEIR song would be. These were not suggestions for Thatcher.
Perhaps, upon reading again and realizing that people were talking about THEMSELVES, you will see it as a bit more humorous.
:)