Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Balms Away

Well folks, it's time to say goodbye.
I've spent the last month or so "cleaning house"--getting rid of anything negative, pessimistic, adverse, detrimental or counter productive in my life--especially things with ties to the past!
--and it's been a beautiful thing.
I have thrown away and given away vast amounts of items. I have taken down photographs and boxed up a whole lot of "stuff." I've even burned and buried a few things. I have completely cleared out my head and I am absolutely ready to move forward!
There is just one thing still standing in my path:
the tattoo.
The tattoo is really the last of what I consider "my old life." It was a bad decision, and looking at it every single day is a constant reminder of something I don't want to think about any more! If you ask me what the tattoo means I either have to tell you a very long story--or tell you a lie. And, honestly, I usually tell the lie. I am tired of doing either. Basically, it's an over sized, four-color scar of regret and disappointment.
Yep, it's time for it to go.
I've been doing my homework on "tattoo fade" systems, creams, treatments, products, etc and finally found something that sounds very promising.
THIS arrived at my home today and I did my first "treatment" tonight. According to the instructions, because my tattoo is so large and so colorful, it may take several months of treatments for it to fade away. Maybe more.

And, from what I've heard, it may not ever totally go away at all.
The tattoo might not either.

1 comment:

Gina Vistaunet said...

At least the tattoo isn't on your face where you have to see it everyday. If you never look in the mirror backwards, you may never have to look at it again. I guess then you could look and see how you butt looks in jeans unless you had a shirt on. I seriously hope it fades away and fades away fast. If you want, I will come apply it for you every night.