Thursday, July 12, 2007

Once again...

I had just started to vacuum this morning when I smelled the all too familiar smell of the belt burning up! Thankfully I own an AWESOME Oreck Vacuum (a Christmas gift from William a few years back)...SUCH A GOOD VACUUM! Anyway, I thought about taking it to the Oreck shop, then thought maybe I COULD FIX IT!
Sure enough, I unscrewed the bottom off of the vacuum, put on a new belt, cleaned the roller and was able to quickly resume vacuuming.
Then, as I began cleaning the shower, I turned the water on--hot and full blast--and the shower head FLEW off of the wall squirting water everywhere!! The shower head actually cracked down the middle, so there was no putting it back on. Soaking wet I finished cleaning the shower, mopped the floor and then set out to Lowe's to buy a new shower head. I just KNEW I would be able to install it.
See below that I decided to UPGRADE and buy an AMAZING shower head. The box promised, "Easy to install" and, sure enough, following the very simple instructions, it only took about 10 minutes to install!
And now I am relaxing...my home is clean, my carpets are beautiful and my shower is running like a dream...
Roar.

4 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Your new name:
HANDY MANDY
FANCY MANCY SHOWERHEAD

Unknown said...

Julie - You're life is better and more entertaining than any show.

Heather McTaggart said...

WOMAN...HEAR YOU ROAR! Again, I am impressed beyond belief! When can I sign up for "Taking Charge of my Life" classes?

Jaime said...

You're remarkable! I'm super proud of you, great job!