Saturday, February 13, 2010

You belong in the zoo...

It had been a very long time since I had packed crackers and crayons and sun block and wet wipes into my bag before I left the house in the morning...but yesterday I did just that. Then, as I picked up Sunny and Elijah, I realized how very small my new car really is once you add two kids, a car seat, a stroller, jackets, hats...and Miley Cyrus.
But, dang, was it worth it.
I hadn't told them where we were going and they were BOTH so excited when we drove up at the Santa Ana Zoo! Between a ride on the train, big puddles from the rains, and the African Cranes--we saw monkeys and played on monkey bars. We admired tarantulas and touched a hissing cockroach. We petted sheep and goats and admired sleeping owls and the hugest bald eagle next to Sam from America Sings.
We climbed on huge turtles, big lizards, cracked dinosaur eggs and various gigantic tractor tires.
I would say that the zoo is perfect for kids from about age 2 to about 8 or so. Sunny was slightly bored, but was quite a trooper for the sake of her highly-entertained little brother.
I'd also admit that the zoo is also just the right size for slightly older aunts who have forgotten the fine art of chasing a toddler while carrying a diaper bag full of necessities.

Thank God Mylie was waiting for us back in the car. Sunny and I belted it out on the way home and Elijah was snoring in the back seat before we hit the freeway.
Party in the USA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only you would remember Sam from America Sings! That ride's been closed forever!