Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Nana died a year ago today...just a few weeks short of her 95th birthday! She was always such an encouragement to me. She taught me to be patient and she told me to rest. She insisted that learn to save money, keep a clean house and lock my doors. She told me to use Oil of Olay.
We would talk about her childhood and my childhood and my children....and about baseball! She would always tell me that I was thin enough and would make me a sandwich. And she constantly reminded me that I was so young and that I had so much life ahead...
She was always just so happy to see me.
I can't believe how much I miss dropping by to visit with her.

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

Ah, sorry about that sad day, but I am happy that it brings back sweet memories...
She seemed like quiet the Lady.;)
xoxo

Gina Vistaunet said...

I miss Nana. :(

Kelly said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! Don't worry....I'm sure my mom has been taking care of her and fattening her up!!! XO

PETE Di LALLO said...

I bet she didn't tell you she was an Angel fan :(
We miss her too along with Grandpa...