Thursday, September 3, 2009

Food Network

Last night I was invited to have dinner at Brigado and Sarah's home. Brigado works with me in the stewarding department at the hotel...which means he is in charge of all the glasses, plates, silverware, coffee cups, serving items, etc.--for the entire resort. What this REALLY means is, I am contacting him all day for items we need to run the restaurant. Suffice it to say, Brigado and I have become very close these last couple of months...working in the busy restaurant, I am always calling on Brigado...constantly asking him for something! And he's always there to (calmly) make it happen.
Last night was a chance for us to sit down, relax, talk, laugh and EAT! Brigado and Sarah prepared Carne Asada with home made corn tortillas and chips and salsas and INCREDIBLE guacamole! We enjoyed it ALL with a big (Costco size!!) bottle of Cabernet! So delicious!
During dinner I found out that Brigado works TWO full time jobs. When he finishes the (exhausting) day with me and our crew, he heads to the hotel down the street and runs their stewarding department as well. And he has for 23 years...
A great friend, good cook, and amazing father and husband, Brigado is one of the hardest working men I have ever known.
And undoubtedly, one of the happiest.

1 comment:

BUM said...

You can tell they're happy....look at those smiles.