Sunday, September 13, 2009

The DiLallo Family-Est. 1962

My Mom and Dad have been married for 47 years!
My dad, Pete, was born and raised in Montreal, Canada, moved here when he was 16 and graduated from the same high school as I did! Still working as a Landscape Architect, he has designed golf courses for years and takes great joy in the long hours of 'research' necessary for such work. He loves hockey and had Kings (then Ducks) season tickets for most of my life. And of course, he's an avid Dodgers fan...I gratefully inherited his deep passion for baseball.
My mom, Donas, was born in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and grew up in Southern California. She is the original Martha Stewart, and can whip up a cake or a wreath or a dinner for 10 at a moments notice. She can tie a bow on anything and make it look spectacular! She paints, sews, draws and can do crafts that require glue guns--like none other! Though I truly don't possess any of these kinds of skills...I do like to think that I inherited her positive spirit and optimistic outlook on life.

They have five daughters, three granddaughters and five grandsons.
And tonight, I had them all to myself...
Lucky me.

4 comments:

BUM said...

That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about us. Thanks for the complements, glad to have you in our lives for ever...and proud to know that we had any part in ..what a wonderful woman you have become. I know it was easy for anyone to get lost in the crowd...I hope it didn't happen too many times....Mom

Zuzana said...

Ah, what a beautiful tribute to your parents! Congratulations to both of them on that lovely anniversary.;))

If you ask me, wonderful traits run in your family, clearly visible and palpable in both generations.;)

xo
Zuzana

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. DiLallo! 47 years of marriage is inspirational!
Sonja

PETE Di LALLO said...

Thank you Sonja!
and next time I'll dress up a bit...