Thursday, April 23, 2009

Through thick and thin...

Kelly and I have been friends since Freshman year of high school. Our first babies were born three months apart. Our second babies were born three months apart. (Kelly went on to have a third...I never could keep up with her!) We have lived life together in OH so many ways since those days...and it has almost always involved food, beer, wine and lots more food!
But not anymore! Tonight, Kelly and I met at the gym and did our very first Pilates class together! Holy Cow...it's hard! (My stomach muscles are hurting as I SIT here typing!) It was SO fun to be next to Kelly during the class...and knew that it was ok if I couldn't keep up! We seriously laughed and sweated and tried to keep breathing and lost our balance and counted off the repetitions as we watched each other struggle. Kelly kept saying, "Am I skinny yet?"
At one point the teacher said, "There is a prize if you can do this part." Kelly yelled out, "Is it candy?" So fun...and it's seriously an amazing workout!
We're planning to go again on Tuesday.
(This photograph is just a special treat for everyone...found it when I googled "Pilates"...inspirational in SO many ways...)
As we left, worn out and sweating in our workout pants and baggy t-shirts--mascara running down our faces, Kelly said, "I know you're gonna blog about this, Jules. Thank you for not bringing your camera."
Maybe on Tuesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wai, Your blog gives me osso much joy.

Zuzana said...

It is wonderful to keep at least one good friend through the years. Because of my constant moving, as a child and as an adult, I do no have a friend like that. I sure have many friends all over the world, but no one who lives just around the block to do "spur of the moment" things with. How lucky you are.;)))

Eliane said...

I was laughing reading the blog...how fun! Not only you exercise but laughter is the best medecine. Good for you girls!!!!

Kelly said...

I want to thank you again for not bringing your camera!.....And, if I see it on Tuesday, I might have to break it!...Love you!!!