Thursday, April 16, 2009

It really is, you know...

I've let too many little things ruffle my feathers
Weigh down my dreams
And I have wasted precious time
In the difference between a dollar and a dime
Kept my heart under wraps
And let my life slip through the cracks

Finally, it dawned on me,
This road's not as hard as it seems,
I'm taking the lows a whole lot better
All my edges fit together
Everyday feels like it should
Life is good

I'm learning to laugh at myself
Humble enough to ask for help
I'm willing to take a second look
Giving a chance and ready to close the book
I took what I used to know
And then I let it all go

Life is good
Life is good
Life is good

Words by Laura Bryna

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

We should all be so lucky to reach a point and look back to see our lives as having been good...

If Elton's song-writing partner Bernie? could write music to the words, it would go Platinum...

Good going girl!!!

Lisa Marie said...

How did you (and God) know I needed to read this right at this very moment? Thanks :)

Eliane said...

Very good! So worth reading. It is the perfect thing for me this morning while having my coffee (in the Starbuck's mug you gave me. :-)