Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The curious case of Julie Ann Hibbard...

...and yet my mind won't stop.
Why do I feel so much younger than all my friends? Why do I have so much energy? Why do people tell me to calm down and tell me I'm too happy, too peppy, too hyper? No, my feet don't hurt. My back doesn't either. My eyes are fine. I feel amazing actually!! Better than ever. Heck, I weigh 40 pounds less than I did 10 years ago. What am I saying? I weigh 20 pounds less NOW than I did in 8th grade! Yeah, I feel good!
Why do I have more time than anyone else on earth? Why does time go by so much more slowly for me than for anyone else? Time does NOT fly and NO it does not seem like yesterday that my kids were little. I have enough time to get everything done. Everything.
I like getting up at 4am. I like working 7 days straight.
My house is clean. My laundry done. Drawers? Cabinets? Rafters? Clean. Clean. Clean.
I go to the gym in the afternoons now. That's good. Something productive to fill an hour and half.
But then what?
Since I got home from the gym I have showered, made dinner, read a stack of magazines, sorted mail, watched a baseball game and three episodes of the Gilmore Girls (SO good!) I finished a novel, started a new one, cleared out my hard drive, accepted friends #434 and #435 on Facebook and read every new post in cyberspace.
And it's 8:30.
Life is short? You have got to be kidding.
Yep. I'm all out of clever.
For tonight anyway...

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

Ah Julie, I would need a friend like you, I would need someone so happy and full of energy around me, who would drag me out to do things, as I tend to sit around and contemplate a lot.;))
Please do not ever change;))

Eliane said...

I would love to know how one person can have so much energy? You are blessed my friend! I certainly don't feel old...but don't have half of your energy.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Perfect title!
You ARE getting younger...

racheld said...

This is not the post of a woman "all out of clever"....this is just want I needed to read!