Thursday, February 27, 2014

Think positive about negativity!

Saw this on a friend's blog the other day and just can't stop thinking about it! 
It makes SO much sense. 
Your (amazing) memory reminds you to NOT touch the hot stove or to NOT eat something that made you sick by allowing you to remember how much it hurt and how painful it was!
And this is the very same reason that you remember the tough relationships you were in and the stupid things you allowed! It's so that you will REMEMBER to date someone who is KIND and to remember to NOT allow someone to make you feel bad again.
I know...you have to read it over a few times...but it's really amazing to me. I always wondered why I would 'go back' to those negative moments in my life over and over again
...and now I truly understand why.
I remember how much I got burned.
And I want to be sure it never happens again.

No comments: