Thursday, January 2, 2014

Namaste

 I saw the above posting on Facebook and quite literally began to cry as I read it. I feel like I became a bit of a complainer over the last year or so...someone who talked of the things she didn't like--but didn't do anything about it. I have always been the BIG preacher of NOT complaining. I have always thought, "OK, you can complain ONCE. After that--make a move, change something--or shut up."
The line above that reads, "You only have one life, and it's time to make the most of it..." THAT is what made me cry. I'm 50 now. 50 and a HALF even. How much life do I have left?
It is time for "namaste"--bowing to myself. Honoring myself. Time for making peace with myself. I am my own hardest critic. And, I am aware of the fact that I don't think I EVER do enough. Not sure where that came from (I have some ideas) but I know it's time to stop. Time to realize that I have done OH so much in these 50+ years and it's OK to say, "Good Job Julie!--I bow to you!"
  
One of the things I have wanted over the last three or four years is a bigger car. I know that sounds so silly--it's just the two of us and we're certainly not driving carpool anymore. But I LOVED the little wagon I had a few years back. I could go to Home Depot and buy a ladder or a trellis or a Bar B Que--and easily bring it home. I could go to IKEA and buy...well--ANYTHING...and haul it home with ease. 
Zachary is moving back to Los Angeles this week and had asked if I could help him attain transportation. This was a gift, truly, for both of us--and I let him know that. Last Friday, I purchased the car pictured above...and I will be GIVING my Passat to Zachary. An amazingly timed blessing. 
I have been employed and working continuously (constantly, incessantly, unceasingly, NON STOP) since I was 14 years old. I have earned the right to not only purchase a car for myself, but to be able to give my son this gift with joy. Good job, Julie Hibbard.
Namaste.
 
One of the other  'gifts' I am giving myself is going back to the low carb diet. It worked FABULOUSLY for me for nearly six years. I was able to maintain my weight at 132 pounds and feel healthy--and fit comfortably in my clothes. For various reasons I wandered off the low carb path over the last year and found myself at 145 pounds on December 31st. I just don't feel GOOD at this weight.
Yesterday I chose the path of forgetting what happened in 2013 (weight-wise for sure) and starting over on the road that works best for ME. My goal is 132 again. And zipping my jeans. 
I was 142.5 this morning. I know I can do it.
Namaste.
 “Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work.” 
This has always been one of my favorite quotes. Dream for sure. And definitely pray. And hope and wish and expect, etc! But then GO MAKE IT HAPPEN. Do the work! Stop making excuses. Live your life! Forget the past! Stop complaining! You control your own destiny.You do!
I'm on it.
Happy 2014. It's the year of starting again, taking risks and making things happen. I only have one life...and I want to make the most of what's left! 
It's the year of saying, "You can do it. Now go do it." 
And of saying, "Good Job! I knew you could do it, Julie." 
Namaste 

No comments: