Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hairdresser on Fire

I have ALWAYS believed this. Always. I have kept myself busy, working, running errands, cleaning, etc, etc, etc for, well, for 50 years. I have to slow down. It's starting to affect my health. I had a doctor tell me yesterday that it's imperative. 
And you're just so busy
Busy, busy
Busy scissor
s


Could this be true? It's not that I'm focused on the bad...just focused on what still needs to be done. Whether at work or at home, I see what needs to be worked on, fixed, cleaned, organized. I'm admitting, it's taken its toll. 
 
 Yes, I think this is funny. How can I start to see it as true? That I'm smart and that the weight is not a HUGE issue? How can I slow down? I'm truly asking, because I have no idea. Honestly...I cannot ever seem to find the time to sit down. Yes, I feel guilty. Why? I can't tell you why. But I do.
THIS needs to be my focus over the next year...and years to come. HAS to be. I put so much pressure on myself to do a good job in all aspects of life...it's almost as if I cannot enjoy anything unless I am being productive and have something to show you when I'm done.

Heading to the shower, and then to work...and then...always a list.
Time to figure out why. More importantly, time to figure out how to let a few things go.
My health depends on it.
(And can you even imagine how I'd be if I couldn't do all of this?!) 


No comments: