Monday, June 18, 2012

Productivity is my middle name!

It's been called ADD. And Hyperactivity. It's been called an over-abundance of energy.
I've been accused of being and have been called ALL of these things--on many occasions....but, you know me,
I just call it a high standard of productivity!

I LOVE being productive! I love to make a 'to do' list--especially on my day off--and I REALLY love to check off every single thing one by one!
I have a constant desire (yearning!) to get things done, to completely finish the list, and it brings me GREAT amounts of joy to accomplish and check off every last item!

Today was a good day in the productive world.
First off, I was up at 4:30am...yep, even on my day 'off.'
I was at breakfast with my best friend at 6:15am, where we shared some pancakes (oh, and bacon!), and drank lots of coffee--which gave me the fuel to come straight home and start cleaning, organizing and putting away the remnants of our Family Celebration yesterday!
(I could hardly wait to begin!)

I must confess, honestly, not much makes me happier than when the washer, dryer and the dishwasher are all buzzing away at once! I feel ULTRA productive when everything is working around me as I work! I even gave myself an extra sense of accomplishment today by charging all my camera batteries, my blue tooth and my iPad while everything else was going!

I unloaded and reloaded all the machines and cleaned and scoured and put every single thing in its place. (Everything has a place at my house...ask Sunny! She thinks my whole house is in alphabetical order...and she's not far off!) This is probably slightly more impressive if you realize that putting everything away means four trips with folding chairs and card tables down the stairs to my garage AND taking the leaves out of the dining room table solo. (I will admit, putting the leaves in and out of the table are definitely things that I still have a bit of trouble doing alone!)

I scrubbed footprints off the walls (think 5 year old boys), vacuumed up more Doritos and cupcake crumbs than should ever be on a floor, and found Tootsie Rolls and Smarties wrappers in every nook and cranny of my home. (Two Tootsie Rolls were in my closet this morning...again, think 5 year old boys!)
After watering the plants, putting the screen door back on the track and unloading the last round of dishes...it was time to get out of the house.

Knowing I ate a total of TWO AND A HALF (ok, three) cupcakes this weekend and having possibly consumed a few more Margaritas than Dr. Atkins would approve of, I knew I had to get to the gym. After three miles and 45 minutes, I left the gym, went by the bank and stopped to get gas...
and then...
it was time for the next two things on my list...

Go read a magazine out at the pool for an hour
and then...
Lay on the couch and watch a movie.
Check and CHECK!

So here I am...Too much energy? Hyperactivity? ADD? OCD?
Call it what you will..
but, at this point, I am feeling better than ever with my completely finished checklist in my hand, resting and relaxing in my beautifully clean, organized home. I still have time to blog and catch up on Facebook and email...and root root root for the Angels to beat the Giants!
(Hey Giants, remember that time in 2002...?)

Back to work tomorrow.
Where I can be REALLY productive...

1 comment:

md said...

Productivity is very sexy! 138