Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A very simple life

I am sitting here in my jammies, laptop keeping me warm...watching the Dodgers' home opener on my DVR (sans commercials...)
It's very quiet in my sweet little house.
I am grateful for my very simple, extremely peaceful and satisfying life.

You know, it wasn't always this way.

Let me assure you that you can do anything you want to do...no matter how old you are, how much money you have or where you are on the path.
You can finish school, get a better job, move away, audition for a play, get in shape...
you CAN start a new life!
You have control over your destiny.
Trust me, you do.

You just have to change something.

And it's really simpler than you would think:
Turn off the TV and go for a walk.
Go online and check out classes (I was 37 on my college graduation day--STILL one of the best days of my life!)
Cut up your credit cards and make a plan to pay them off.
Make up a new resume.
Apply for a job. And another. OK, one more!
Move to another state. Or another country.
(I moved 10 miles--and found a whole new world.)
Have a plan. Set some goals.
Give yourself a date to get it done.

Decide to live a simpler, more peaceful life...

It's never too late to live happily ever after.
Start today.


Get up, take a shower, get dressed and move forward!
It's really pretty simple.
And the only one who can make it happen...is you.

No comments: