Yesterday, as I once again ROCKED a short, sleeveless, size 6 dress, (at age 49!) I was SO happy and was SO very amazed at how GREAT I felt!
Working out is no longer a burden or a chore for me. It's a hobby...it's a passion...it's something that I invest my time in and reap AMAZING benefits from. It's part of my day now.
And for the rest of my life.
Here's what I love about working out (in no particular order):
- I sleep SO well now. I used to watch the clock all night, toss, turn...I was always a terrible sleeper. No more. In the last few months I have been sleeping a solid seven hours every night without waking up at all.
- I love my new friends at the gym. Clarence, Michael, Jason, Brady, Tamlyn...I KNOW these people and they know me. We talk baseball and...well, we talk more baseball! They give me encouragement, tell me I'm looking good, help me with the machines and weights--they make me feel welcomed at the gym. And THAT makes me look forward to going back!
- I love love love that my body responds--I love seeing results! My arms look amazing--I love wearing sleeveless clothes! My legs have seen the light of day more in the last few months than in my entire life! My rear end is taking shape and firming up--and even my tummy is getting in on the action. I look good in clothes. (And out of them.)
- I feel so confident. So positive. My self esteem has gone through the roof. I am no longer mad when I get on the scale, no longer upset that my clothes don't fit and no longer cropping photos at the waist! Who knew?!
- Working out has caused me to totally change my dietary habits. I eat vegetables and salad and oatmeal and fruit! Hooray for healthy eating! I've taken vitamins faithfully for three months now! I no longer avoid certain food groups (carbs) and LOVE that I have a truly balanced diet now! And, incredibly, I'm rarely hungry anymore.
- I have SO much energy! I get out of bed easily (yep, even at 4am!) My stamina has increased like crazy! I can work all day, come home and work out and then have friends over...and feel good.
- I am using my time wisely! Rather than taking an afternoon nap, I head to the gym. Rather than sitting on Facebook for another hour...I head to the gym. Rather than watching ANOTHER hour of TV...I head to the gym. Do you know that one hour is only 4% of your day? You can certainly afford to invest THAT in your health!
- I want to look and feel good...and be a productive part of society...and be a good employee, girlfriend, sister, aunt....LONG into my 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s! I NEVER want to be a burden on anyone and being healthy NOW, staying in shape NOW will help to assure good health in the future!
- I breathe easier. Literally. I relax, I'm less tense, I don't stress like I used to. I don't worry about things all night long. I breathe deeper and fuller and with more intent. I am so much calmer than I used to be.
- It's fun! It's rewarding! It's fulfilling! It's life changing! It's mood building! It's self esteem improving. It's energy increasing! It makes me smile! It makes me feel like I'm working toward a life-long goal...one day at a time.
And it makes me happy. OK, happi-er!