Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas 1968

Have I ever mentioned how much I love looking through my old photo albums? Tonight, I found an absolute classic--Christmas at DiLalloland circa 1968. I am in the pink...second row, second from the right...yeah, the one with with the bangs. That's our Grandma Mel and HER mother, our Great-grandma, Mamma. Two of these children are my sisters and the rest are my cousins.
We are the children of my mother, her two sisters and their brother.
All eleven of us pictured were born within FIVE years of each other!
Yeah, and, there were SIX more born before they were finished.
Good Catholics. Good Times!
We had so much fun.
Actually, we still do.

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

You were cute and still are! I was one and a half year old around that time.;))
xoxo

Sweet Lu said...

I have 28 cousins on my dads side and it's been years since we have seen each other. A shame really. Last weekend I went to a small family birthday party and saw cousins I hadn't seen in seven-ten years. You are right. It was fun growing up but time hadn't passed at all when we reconnected. I love that about family. Great picture. I agree with Zuzana - you were cute!

Anonymous said...

We were blessed then and now. We never lost anyone even without seat belts or car seats.