Monday, December 28, 2009

Keep Going!

I don't go back to work til New Year's Eve. If I've never mentioned it before, let me admit it now--I am not good with days off. I like to be busy...I like to keep going.
Three days off in a row means my house is immaculate, I've ironed everything I can find, and that things in the garage are now arranged alphabetically.
You can only imagine what five days off means....
In addition to everything above, I've had breakfast and dinner with friends. I've seen FOUR movies. I had lunch with one sister and dessert with another. I've finished two novels...I've even been to the gym three times for God's sake!

When I sit down, I feel like there is something I should be doing...
and my mind starts going...
and I feel like I'm giving up.
Actually, sometimes, I want to give up.

And I can't do that. I have to keep going.
I figure I have at least forty years left before they put me in the grave. And I still have a lot of hopes and dreams waiting to be fulfilled! There are too many things I haven't done yet!
I want people standing at my funeral saying, "Man, I can't remember one day that Julie wasn't enjoying her life..."!!
And, more importantly, I want it to be true.
I can't give up. I have to keep going.

So, today, I'm gonna plan my trip to Spring Training. And maybe even book another trip abroad.
I'm thinking about joining a book club. And a wine tasting group. I might even start writing a book.
And, in the mean time, I'm gonna go make some breakfast and have another cup of coffee. I'm gonna turn the music up and dance around my kitchen. I'll probably go see another movie and start another novel.
Yep, I'm gonna keep going.

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

When your house or garage is clean...
I suppose all your cars are washed inside and out...
Juggle anything you can find...
Thinks of new ways to insult PC users...
Learn new and exciting words in the dictionary...
Sing the song that never ends...
Go to Walmart...

Sarah said...

I want a day off!!

S. said...

You go girl....I love your energy and spunk!!! Merry Christmas blogworld friend and Happy New Year!! May 2010 be the best year yet for you!!!

Also, if you need a get-away--you can always come to Nashville to visit!!

Susie A.