Wednesday, October 21, 2009

There will come a time when you think everything is finished...

The Dodgers' season is over.
Hard for me to write--and admit--much less accept. The reality that the Phillies are PHENOMENAL is just a PHACT we have to PHACE!! (Give me a few days, ok? At least there wasn't an F word in there...) I must say it was far less painful this year not having to witness the loss in person...there were no tears this time, Dad.

It was an amazing season.
Starting with a trip to the Dodgers Spring Training games and then Opening Day with my dad where Hudson hit for the cycle. There were winning streaks and broken records and multiple walk off miracles throughout the season. I went to SIXTEEN Dodger home games in 2009, including TWO post-season games! I was also able to see them play in Anaheim and San Diego and San Francisco!
(I know, I have a really good life.)
Most importantly, I shared the JOY at these games with my daughter, my sisters, my niece, my parents, my cousins, my boss, lots of co-workers and MANY friends--(and sometimes these friends were even root root rooting for the opposing team!) I'd buy us some peanuts and crackerjack (and hot dogs and french fries and licorice and beer)...we really didn't care if we never got back.
It was a blast every single time. Every time!

OK, so they didn't make it to the World Series...it was still the best season I can remember in 30 plus years of being a Dodger fan.

Baseball brought much JOY to the last six months of my life.

As it does every single year.



Not sure what I will do all these long dark cold winter nights ahead...
One thing for sure...life will go on...
and, somehow, it will still be filled with lots of JOY.
Pitchers and Catchers report in 120 days...

3 comments:

Leah Mazur said...

I'm so sorry Julie!! But chin up, next season will be here sooner than you know it! And in the meantime, come on over to my house; we'll open a bottle of wine and cook some dinner. My house is nice and warm! XO, Leah

PETE Di LALLO said...

It was the best of times for almost the entire season even tho it may be a coldish but short winter...
I foresee a warm-ish time coming up soon as the Dodgers trade or buy or whatever means are available for a few good pitchers...then watch out next season...
our team will be recalled to life in
April...
Meanwhile if Angels don't beat the Yanks (doubtful) the Yanks will destroy the Phils...
How about a few Duck games soon even tho they aren't exactly doing that great, but the Honda Center is a lot closer than Dodger Stadium and their beer is just a good...

BUM said...

Tears....Tears,,,,,Tears I share your pain. Mom